What is HPL made of?
It consists of about 60-70% paper and about 30-40% thermosetting resins. The latter are of two different types; the inner layers of paper are impregnated with phenolic resin and the outer layers with melamine.
How is a sheet of high-pressure laminate made?
HPL laminates consist of superimposed layers of paper, impregnated with thermosetting resins and permanently bonded together by simultaneously applying heat (greater than 120° C) and pressure (greater than 5 MPa) for periods of 40 / 50 minutes.
Do the levels of heat and pressure the materials are subjected to in the presses affect the properties of the finished product? If so, how and to what extent?
The quality of HPL laminates is influenced by the levels of heat and pressure applied during manufacture. Remica employs a pressure greater than 7 MPa and a temperature of about 150° C. The surface and structural qualities of the laminates achieve a high standard as a result.
What makes a low-quality HPL different from an excellent one?
Poor resistance to scratching, impact, wear, steam, heat, stains and light are indicative of poor quality raw materials and/or manufacturing processes employing lower pressures or temperatures and shorter heating times. The minimum performance requirements are set out in EN 438.
- Fire Ban Status
- Fire Board Market In China Has Great Potential
- Fire Board Construction And Maintenance
- Fire Board Prospects
- Laminate Products
- Select Fire-resistant Building Materials Home F...
- Difference Between Laminate And Melamine Panels
- Fire Board In The Decoration Of Where You Used?
- Renovation Fire MO To The Effect That Teach You...
- HPL And Fire Board?
- The International Standards For HPL Laminates
- Welcome You To Visit Us At INDOBUILDTECH 2017 I...
- Successful For Architect'17 In Bangkok, Thailand
- Successful For IndoBuildTech 2017 In Jakarta, I...
- TRANSPORT AND STORAGE OF HPL (HIGH PRESSURE LAM...
- CHARACTERISTIC OF HPL HIGH PRESSURE LAMINATES
- What Temperatures Can HPL Withstand Without Det...
- Which Kitchen Cabinet Table Top Will Be Better?
- Difference Between HPL And Melamine Board?
- High Pressure Laminate Production Process